Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just for whimsy? Care providers/parents. Rant & Rave Here!!?

I'd like to know what it is that you personally (not what would go on your schools moniker) see as your ';gift';within your relationship, at centers/school, with children. How did this manifest itself, who was influential, and what were your biggest challenges/successes? Really spout off about anything you would like to good/bad.......How about something you have always wanted to be able to say to parents, teachers etc. Here is your chance to say what you want......This should be fun!! I did this today with another teacher/friend and I loved it..... Just tell us something........ Still 10 points, but not the impetuous.....Just for whimsy? Care providers/parents. Rant %26amp; Rave Here!!?
I don't know that I'd call it a gift as such. It's more what the children give me I think.


I get a kick, high, buzz, something about children learning something. That look when they ';see'; something for the first time or understand it. It's as if a little light bulb goes on above their heads ! They love it ! It's fun, exciting, they do it again.


That's what makes it worth the other stuff. The politics. The parents who rant and rave and don't understand. The nappy changing !!


It's my passion. but I'm not sure when it started. I attended playcentre with my kids and learned so much about kids development, etc. but it was earlier than that. My mum was a teacher and I loved to play at being a teacher. Didn't realise I'd be one when I grew up!


Having terrific teachers at school certainly influenced me, They're the ones who make something come alive for you. You never forget that learning. I wanted to do that for others...


What makes it hard is the daily grind. Paperwork, politics, dealing with a parent run committee when no-one is the boss or all 12 of them are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment