Saturday, January 9, 2010

Catholics has the priest at your church ever ranted and raved during a sermon?

racist comments?


anti Government comments?


comments against political candidates?Catholics has the priest at your church ever ranted and raved during a sermon?
No, he's a pretty even-keep guy. So was the last one.





No racist comments. The Catholic Church is very multi-ethinic. In my parish, I worship alongside African-Americans, Africans, Latinos, Hispanics, Asians, Europeans, Native Americans, etc. There's no room for racism.





The only anti-government comments have been lamenting the lack of pro-life views (war, euthanasia, capital punshiment which is legal in my state, abortion).





I have never heard a specific comment made against any political candidate. The current election hasn't even been mentioned yet by our current priest, and the most the last one ever said was ';It's our duty to vote.';Catholics has the priest at your church ever ranted and raved during a sermon?
That would be the day! hahhahaha
As a former Catholic I can say that NEVER did I hear a Priest rant about anything such as you have asked.











EDIT - I watched the clip, it sounds as if this preacher is not a Catholic Priest and you can hear in the background others trying to get his attention to stop. he also makes the comment that ';this priest'; as he points to the front, ';can not save you';





So that is not an example of a Catholic Priest ranting on the above mentioned list.








ASKER - I have never heard a Pastor at a non catholic church do this either. That is me personally. I would not doubt that it has happened though, there are groups that call themselves Christians who have false doctrine as well. My being a former Catholic does not mean I think every person who calls themself a Christian is in fact a Christian, just as I do not say that Catholics are not Christians, I simply do not agree with their doctrine.
once i heard ranting..... when a life long parish member was killed on the way to a peaceful (silent) protest for right to life.
The priests at my church don't rant or rave. They do not make racist or anti-government comments. They may speak about issues such as abortions and gay marriages with accordance to our religion but they don't rant and rave about it. Even the churchs I went to in Poland, they never acted like that or spoke out against the government.
Radical Preacher disrupts Roman Catholic Mass


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNG5ILNWw…
I have not heard a Catholic priest make racist comments; however, Pastoral Letters are sometimes read which may contain political or social issues.
I haven't gone to church for years, but I remember the priest always seemed to support the war in Vietnam. The worst ranter and raver I ever encountered was in the Unitarian Church. He wanted to lead our group of Liberal Religious Youth in a protest march at Natick Labs where my father worked.
NO! Good priests don't do that. I only know good priests.





Catholicism is the most peaceful religion in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment